University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care.
The role will be 70% research/ 30% clinical, involving:
Research activities, including on medical assistance in dying (MAID) and cancer experience at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (PM), which will include attention to health equity in these areas. The applicant is expected to establish an internationally recognized research program with grant support and to work collaboratively with other investigators at PM.
Clinical activities, including provision of health psychology assessment, evidence-based psychotherapy and biopsychosocial intervention to oncology patients. The applicant will engage in collaboration and consultation with other disciplines, including Oncology, Social Work, Psychiatry, Psychology, Palliative Care and Spiritual Care. The applicant will maintain patient care documentation in compliance with institutional and regulatory College requirements. Registration in practice area of couples within health psychology an asset..
- • At minimum, completion of a PhD degree in Clinical Psychology, or recognized equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year of practical and related experience
• Registered with, or eligible for registration with, the College of Psychologists of Ontario with designated practice area that corresponds to the specific clinic requirements
• Expertise in research methodology, including psychometrics, in health equity and in the psychological and social dimensions of cancer
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Works effectively independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Comfortable using various forms of technology
• Results-oriented and demonstrated time management skills
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
Please apply by February 3rd, 2022.